Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sports Dust Jacket Covers

I think the favorite part of my collection is the juvenile series books. As I was reorganizing some of my shelves, I came across a book whose dust jacket illustrated a sport which I really had never heard of. See if you can guess what sport that might be. That book will be shown tomorrow.

I thought it might be interesting to show a sampling of other sports' covers. Of course, the most common sports like baseball and football are best represented. But as you can see here, other sports have been seen. Here is a sampling of interesting covers. Basketball, hockey, crew, tennis,and track are shown. Sport or not, cheerleading is also here. No auto racing is included.

I have tried to just give one example for each sport. I am well aware that there are many more.







No comments:

Post a Comment